With the beginning of a brand new year, many companies will now be starting to think about their 2019 Kick Off Meetings. Continue reading
Reward and recognition programmes are a fantastic way to acknowledge and celebrate the efforts and achievements of your team. They can help raise morale, increase employee engagement and improve team culture. Continue reading
- As we enjoy the hottest summer we’ve had in years, it makes all of us here at Globe think of sun, sand, sea and…. SANTA! As much as you might not want to admit it, now’s time to get your plans in place for your company Christmas Party. Continue reading
The Globe Girls recently did a site visit to Sopwell House, and in addition to being thoroughly impressed by the venue itself as you can see on our Sopwell House ideas page, we were also delighted to have been offered a fantastic giveaway for one of our lucky subscribers – not just dinner, but an overnight stay and breakfast too!
For your chance to win dinner, bed and breakfast, all you have to do is answer the following simple question:
Competition entries have now closed
A winner will be selected and contacted very soon! Be sure to sign up to the globe newsletter to be the first to know about future competitions and offers
Sign up for more!
And while you’re at it, why not sign up to receive our updates to be the first to know about other competitions and offers, and share this competition with your friends!
Strategic Meetings Management – what is it and how will my Company benefit?
Strategic Meetings Management (or SMM) is the event planner’s smart way to co-ordinate meetings at key/preferred venues on a regular basis, often guaranteeing discounted rates, added extras, and having priority to meeting spaces over other companies who may not be quite as organised as you!
Before considering the benefits to having a Strategic Meetings Management programme in place, ask yourself the following:
- Do you spend time researching venues, asking the same questions to the venues, and always end up at the same 2 or 3 venues?
- Have you always paid the same rates or do the rates vary?
- Have you negotiated added values or extras?
- Do you always get your favourite meeting space?
- Do you worry the venue has got the detail right?
Using SMM can help with the all of the above saving you time and money!
Where do I start?
First of all look at your previous meeting bookings for the last 12 months:
- How much did you spend
- How many people attended
- Where was the meeting held
- Reason for the meeting (ie Quarterly Executive Meeting)
- Any added values/benefits
Is there a pattern? Do costs escalate at certain times of the year? Are Junior Teams being charged more than your Executive Teams for the same service? Have you always been offered the same benefits (ie free flipcharts) or is this on an ad hoc basis?
If costs are varied and you think there is a value to looking at developing a SMM programme:
Speak to your team
- Would we benefit from developing a meetings policy
- How many “venues” should we have (different levels for different groups?)
- Our budget per venue
- What added values would benefit us
- Approval process
- Booking process
Speak to us
Send Globe your previous meetings report and the findings from your team. We can then assist with the following:
- Contacting your preferred venues to negotiate discounted rates;
- Ensuring you have the correct layout, a/v, catering and other “regular” requirements without having to check each time;
- Making sure you have guaranteed extras and benefits;
- Negotiating flexible cancellation policies;
- Drafting your SMM Policy;
- Providing you and your team with a branded meetings request webpage, allowing you to log in, have a list of your preferred venues, and send us your meeting requests quickly and easily;
- Providing you with regular reports on venues booked, cost savings, added value so you can see where you’re saving money (and time);
- Make you look super efficient!
This sounds great! What should I do now?
Contact Globe to discuss how we can turn your Meetings Headaches into Smart Meeting Management!
Check out our latest video on YouTube as Zoe introduces some of the hottest new London venues of the year so far.
You can watch more of our videos on Youtube.