Shake the winter chills – book your Summer Party
It may only be January, but with the weather as cold as it is, you’d be forgiven for dreaming of hot summer days and the parties that come with them. The good news is that now’s the perfect time to start thinking about – and booking up – your corporate summer party.
Here’s some ideas that might help thaw you out…
Looking for a venue in London with outdoor space? From fully outdoor, to those with al fresco areas, London has a host of options perfect for any occasion. And with our links within the industry and long standing relationships with many of them, we’re the best place to start to get the best possible rates at the hottest venues. Here we’ve listed just some of the best London-based, outdoor friendly spaces:
- The Roof Gardens – London’s only rooftop Private Members Club is as glamorous as it comes. Set amidst 1.5 acres of stunning rooftop gardens 100 feet above Kensington High Street.
- Warner Bros Studio – A flexible Interior and exterior makes this space amazing and in a unique location. Showcasing a variety of the sets from the Harry Potter movies makes this a fantastic, unique space for creating your next event.
- ZSL London Zoo – a venue like no other, London Zoo offer a superb range of professional and private spaces with views of eye-catching animal residents and environments. Elegant suites and stylish meeting rooms overlook a huge variety of intriguing animals in 36 acres of zoological gardens; a unique setting for any event.
- Radio Rooftop Bar – for those that like a cocktail or two, The Radio Rooftop Bar offers a creative menu which has original concoctions like The Pink One, The Thames River Iced ME and a Kiss from a Rose. Definitely worth considering for a drinks-led event.
- Silver Sturgeon – all aboard! Silver Sturgeon’s interiors and decks have been created by leading British designers and architects as light, luxe, relaxing spaces in warm, natural colours. It’s the perfect summer venue for 50 to 550 guests.
- The Deck – this bespoke rooftop space above the National Theatre has panoramic views across London’s iconic skyline. Guaranteed to steal the show!
Outside the Capital
Of course, it’s not all about the Big Smoke. What better place to be outside than in the Great British countryside. With tons of space comes the flexibility for a massive array of outdoor activities. We can find suitable venues for you to accommodate the very latest and greatest party entertainment and themes, such as:
- Stages, musicians and bands for a mini (or big, why not!?) festival
- Circus and fairground themes
- Private Island Summer Party
- Notting Hill Carnival Party
- Arabian Nights
- Mad Hatters Tea Party
We can help pull everything together whatever the theme to make your summer party a real success and an experience that no one will forget.
Thoughts on food… food for thought
Catering is such a big part of parties, and with that in mind you need to think about current trends to make sure your food is on point. Specifically, the thing to consider is in fact being considerate itself.
Many people now have very specific dietary requirements, with a rise in vegetarianism and veganism. It’s important to offer options that would suit any diner… but make sure they’re interesting; an onion tartlet is not enough! Make the vegan/vegetarian options just as appealing to the meat eaters as to everyone else. Think of it as a challenge to entice non-veggies and you’ll be starting from the right mind-set.
Plus think of food that compliments current lifestyle themes. The rise in physical and mental wellbeing, yoga, mindfulness, the Danish art of Hygge, and other ways of creating a sense of calm in otherwise hectic lives can be mirrored in the food you offer. You could consider providing healthy choices that people will enjoy but not feel guilty about afterwards.
So get in touch with Globe today to begin the journey to your summer party. We’ll make sure it’s on budget, on brand, and – most importantly – an experience to remember.