Come and join us
Globe is always interested in hearing from talent from the experiential, travel, hospitality and events management industries.
Globe is a creative, agile and progressive events management and brand experience agency.
Based in leafy Amersham, we offer competitive remuneration packages, a bright and positive working environment, varied and challenging workloads, monthly film club and daily table football matches (last two not mandatory).
We’re always interested to hear from talented individuals with a passion for delivering the very best brand experiences, so if you think you’d fit the bill, drop us a line with your CV and we’ll let you know if and when a suitable position becomes available.
Business Development Executive
We are currently expanding our team and looking for a proactive, confident Business Development Manager who will be responsible for prospecting and securing new business.
Reporting to the Head of Events, the role’s key objective is to ensure the achievement of maximum sales, profitability and growth in line with company vision, values and goals. Based in Amersham, Buckinghamshire, this is a full time position (Mon-Fri).
- Understand business plan and sales strategy and ensure attainment of personal sales goals and profitability
- Create and conduct proposal presentations and RFP responses
- Establish, maintain and expand customer base
- Increase business opportunities through various routes to market
- Keep up to date with products and competitors
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers
- Research and generate leads
- Create and maintain a sales database
- Conduct telesales to drive new leads and generate enquiries
- Negotiate terms of agreement and close sales
- Gather market and customer information
- Represent the organisation at trade exhibitions, meetings, industry and networking events
- Create detailed proposal documents
- Proactively put forward suggested actions to achieve the division’s targets
- To up-sell all departments when possible
- Adhere to the Key Capability Indicators and Objectives in P4P
Key Skills Required
- Strong knowledge of event operations
- Proven track record of sales of Event management
- Experience in a business to business sales environment
- Excellent presentation, sales and negotiation skills
- Experienced in relationship building
- Clear and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to make cold calls
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to meet targets
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in the use of a sales database
- Proficient MS Office user, especially Powerpoint
To find out more and to apply for this role please submit your CV with a covering letter explaining why you’re the one we’re looking for.
Please note that we are unable to reply to all CVs sent, unless inviting you for an interview.